You’ve got your pretty photo and you’ve created a killer caption, but there are still a few more things you should include to make your post pop, lock, and drop.
Here’s a checklist of things to include in your posts to help your content get seen, increase engagement, and make your audience stop dead in their scrolling.
1) Front-load your captions: Capture your audience’s attention by making the first part of your caption enticing and engaging. When people are scrolling through their feed, captions are cut off after the first few lines of text, so kick things off with the important details, a question, or eye-catching content is a surefire way to get them to click “more”.
2) Call to action: Including a CTA is a game changer for engagement…and the more engagement you receive, the more your post will be seen! So invite your audience to comment and engage by asking them a question or encourage them to “double tap” or tag their friends!
3) Geotag it up: Tagging your location not only allows users to find your post when they click on the same geotag from another photo, but it makes followers who may live or work near your location feel instantly connected to you. So drop those pins and increase your visibility!
4) Tag people, places, & things: Does your post include something “taggable”?! Tagging other pages on your photos helps boost your post’s exposure AND makes the image likely to land on the explore page of anyone who follows that account. Whether it’s the coffee shop you’re sitting in or your cute new planner or your favorite new shirt, tag away! People want to know where you are, what you like, and what you’re doing…so show them and keep building your community.
5) Hashtags Hashtags Hashtags: Make your post more discoverable by including up to 30 hashtags in your post (or in the comments). But don’t only use popular hashtags. Mix it up with more specific, or niche, hashtags relevant to your business and your post to attract a targeted audience who will be more likely to engage with your post.
BOOM! Instagram post done! Out of these 5, which do you think has brought you the most engagement?
P.S…Does just thinking about planning content for social media stress you out? Well what if I told you it’s possible to plan and write a month’s worth of content in under an hour?! I promise it’s possible. Ready to take the guesswork and frustration (and hair pulling) out of content planning? Watch this FREE 15-Minute Training!